Tuesday 28 July 2015

Hauliday at Sephora!

Hauliday! Holiday! Hauliday! Pardon my weak pun. :P

But yes, I went on a haul at Sephora today! I started work at the crack of dawn and was done by mid morning and I thought since I was already out, why not head somewhere. And that 'somewhere' was Sephora. :D

(From top, clockwise) Smashbox Full Exposure Palette, Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof 12h Concealer, Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara (mini version), Benefit Porefessional (mini version), Tarte Amazonian Clay 12h blush, Nyx Butter Gloss

Smashbox Full Exposure Palette
Smashbox Full Exposure Palette

Honestly, I bought more than what I intended to and this palette is one of my 'unintended' buys. I've been looking up on eyeshadow palettes with a good mix of neutrals. The ones I have considered are the Too Faced Chocolate Bar, Too Faced Natural Eyes, Lorac Pro Palette, Zoeva Naturally Yours and so on. You get the drift. I saw ilikewyelie used the Smashbox Full Exposure Palette in one of her videos and I was won over by it. The mattes looked like they will work well on my tan skin, and she did a beautiful look with this palette on her monolid eyes. 

The palette also has a mix of warm and cool tones unlike the Naked palettes. I own a Naked 2 and I'm still trying to love it. :(

I read some negative reviews on this palette so it's a little worrying. I really hope this palette will be worth the buck! I don't want to have another underused palette sitting in my drawer.

Tarte Blissful Blush
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12h Blush in Blissful

This is one item I set out to buy! I don't have many blushes; the ones I have are from the Japanese brand Brigette. They are pretty with a slight shimmer in them. So I don't have a matte blush and recently, I've been very aware of my pores. O_O They look larger than usual. 

I went to the store and swatched the Tarte blushes and had initially settled on the shade Captivating, which is a warm peach. But the sales assistant encouraged me to consider Blissful because she felt Captivating may have too much orange for my skin tone. I was hesitant about Blissful as it has more pink in it compared to Captivating and pink blushes don't suit me. 

Tarte Blissful Blush Swatch
Blissful swatched on skin

She asked me to wait for a couple of minutes for the blushes to settle on her skin. The colours did change a little when they react with skin temperature. Captivated became quite orangey and the colour looked like it may be a little muddy on me. Blissful, on the other hand, became a well-balanced peach with an obvious pink undertone. The SA then tried Blissful on me and it really perked up my look, which was great because I only had less than 8 hours of sleep over the past two days and I looked washed out. 

Singapore Sephora Haul


Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof 12h Concealer
An intended buy! Looking for a waterproof concealer with good coverage for my blemishes and spots. Bought the shade light medium honey.

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
Not an intended buy! I already have my HG Majolica Majorca mascara but I thought the small size will be great when I need to pack my staying-at-the-boyfriend's make up bag.

Benefit Porefessional Face Primer
Semi-intended buy because of my pores. T_T I am using the Motives Perfecting Face Primer and it's good - doesn't break me out, keeps my make up for a longer period. But somehow it does nothing to minimise the appearance of my pores. Hopefully, this Benefit primer will do the job.

Nyx Butter Gloss
Semi-intended! The reason is I currently don't own a single lip gloss. I know. As for the shade, I could only find 'BL G07' on it but I suspect it may be Creme Brulee? 

Sephora Beauty on the Fly Pouch

I got a freebie from Sephora too - their Beauty on the Fly make up pouch! I was thinking of getting a bigger make up pouch so I can dump more stuff in it so this is timely! The only downside is it's clear, which means my boyfriend can see its content. I tend to hide my purchases from him because he is VERY thrifty. :X

That's all for this haul! This post took me close to 4 hours to compete! And it's all thanks to this princess:


My boyfriend's cat Dewey who is the boss of me. She was whining for my attention. I had to accompany her while she was napping on the sofa. It's crazy how she is so similar to a toddler.

Thank you for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment